The world is full of animals of all shapes, colors, and sizes. Some are dangerous with long sharp claws and jaws that snap close with so much force they could break bones.
All those weapons are pretty clear to the sight, giving us the warning to keep a safe distance. Others are more discreetly armed with toxic cocktails hidden beneath skin layer, tentacles, or their entire body.
You can usually tell which animals to stay away from, judging by how big and fast they are.
Unless you know what you’re doing, you must avoid making direct contact with animals like snakes, bears, crocodiles, scorpions, big cats, and alligators, to name a few.
They have that aggressive menacing look, so you know to steer clear even without warning. But not every dangerous animal has a face that only its mother could love.
You probably wouldn’t think of a mute swan as a deadly creature, for it has a majestic look or slow loris as a potential threat because it is like a small ball of fur on a tree.
Appearance can be deceiving. These animals prove that a display of cuteness doesn’t always mean they’re friendly.
10 Poison Dart Frog
More than 170 species of poison dart frogs and most of them have shiny bright, colorful skins.
While they look beautiful in pictures, those bright colors are meant to ward off predators in the wild. Beneath the frogs’ eye-catching appearance are some of the most toxic cocktails in the animal kingdom.
Wild golden poison frog is the most toxic of its kind. Each produces about a milligram of batrachotoxin, which does not sound like much indeed, but enough to kill ten people or 10,000 mice. Once it enters a person’s bloodstream, death could occur within three minutes.
9 Blue-Ringed Octopus
An adult blue-ringed octopus measures only 20 cm in length and weighs from 10 to 100 grams. The skin is covered with an intriguing ring-shaped pattern colored blue.
Despite its small size, the sea creature carries a toxic cocktail that contains a potent neurotoxin.
Envenomation triggers a series of paralysis throughout the human body, leading to respiratory failure without immediate treatment.
Its bite is painless, which means many victims do not realize venom’s injection until paralysis begins. Blue-ringed octopus carries enough poison to kill more than two dozens of adult humans within minutes.