A Russian woman working in a confectionery factory died in one of the most gruesome ways you can imagine – boiled alive in a vat of molten caramel.
Nobody noticed the accident and her co-workers were shocked to discover the woman’s legs sticking out of the caramel.
According to The Sun, the terrible accident happened at the Slavyanaka confectionery factory in the Russian city of Stary Oskol in the Belogorod region.
The victim was named as Natalia Nemets, a 36 years old mother of one.
When she began what was to be her last day of work, nothing seemed out of the ordinary.
At some point during their shift, her colleagues realized Natalia had been missing for some time, yet nobody thought much of it.
The horrifying discovery was made by a worker assigned to the caramel mixing tank who saw the woman’s legs poking out from the liquid.
An eerie silence fell over the scene as it was obvious there was nothing they could do for the poor woman.
There are two theories concerning this death.
The air in the room where Natalia worked was very hot and it is possible that she fainted and fell into the vat.
Another theory suggests she could have stumbled and this made her fall into the molten caramel.
To make matters worse, in the vat there were moving blades that constantly mix the boiling caramel.
“She got boiled alive, this is true,” one worker told the Russian newspaper Komsomolskaya Pravda. “She did not cry, no other noise was heard,” he added.